EVERYONE DESERVES THE
CHANCE TO PLAY BASEBALL!
The Miracle League believes everyone deserves the chance to play baseball. The league allows people of all ABILITIES play organized baseball. Players with diverse-ABILITIES dress in uniforms, make plays in the field and round the bases, just like their peers in standard baseball leagues. Miracle League baseball is played on a custom-designed field featuring a cushioned, rubberized, completely flat surface to prevent injuries and allow access for the visually impaired and those in wheelchairs. All areas of the field, including the dugouts, playground and restrooms, are universally accessible. Miracle League of Milwaukee was established in 2009 as a program through the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee.
In Miracle League play:
- Each player bats once per inning
- All players are safe on the bases
- Every player scores a run before the inning is over (last one up gets a home run)
- Community adult and teen volunteers serve as "buddies" to assist the players on the field
- Each team and each player wins every game
Each player is paired with a friend to assist them on and off the field during a two inning game. Click here to learn more about the buddy program!